“MEDIUM-SIZED FIRMS ARE THE UNSUNG HEROES OF THE NORTH AMERICAN ECONOMY. WE ARE COMMITTED TO FINE-TUNING THEIR FINANCE FUNCTION.”
Mid-sized businesses are the unsung heroes of the North American economy. SMEs employ more than 90% of Canada’s private sector workforce and make up 30% of Canada’s GDP. In the US, mid-sized firms employ over 40 million people and account for around one-third of private-sector GDP.
The mighty middle has pared layers of management and thrives by making itself competitive in specialized markets, achieved by being more focused on what their customers want and using more state-of-the-art management methods. Regulation and access to growth capital are the main concerns of mid-sized companies’ executives. Mid-market companies require a complex FP&A strategy that integrates operational models with analytics from the various departments of the company (sales, operations, finance), and that connects past performance with future growth and risk scenarios.
Sapling creates professional financial models and data analytics platforms, tailored to mid-market companies, that help to evaluate new business opportunities, to identify and eliminate unprofitable clients or products, to secure financing for new projects, and to analyze and optimize performance. Our experience is honed by working with private equity firms across North America; we deliver the benefit of PE, without having to sell.
- Implementation of BI Systems (Back-end and Front-end)
- Dashboard Setup and Automation
- Financial & Operational KPI Reporting
- Client Segmentation & Lifetime Value Analysis
- Client/Location/Product Profitability
- Systems Implementation Planning & Design
- Budgeting & Forecasting Process Improvement
- FP&A Best Practices Implementation
- Stakeholder Reporting
- M&A Model Build
- Automated Budget Build
- New Plant/Product/Location Business Cases
- Automating Repetitive Finance Tasks
- Web scraping & Automated Form Filling
- Margin Expansion Initiatives
- Structural EBITDA Enhancement
- Working Capital Efficiency