“IT’S NOT ABOUT THE BOTTOM LINE, IT’S ABOUT CREATING SOMETHING OF REAL VALUE.”
The last decade marked an unprecedented success for private equity, with more money being raised, invested, and distributed back to investors than in any period in the industry’s history.
Success draws intense competition, which has produced several challenges for PE deal makers, such as high deal multiples, a dearth of attractive targets, and stiff competition from corporate buyers.
In this highly competitive environment, the best returns are achieved by GPs that focus on value creation and work closely with their portfolio companies.
Sapling works closely with PE firms to assist in value creation at the portfolio company level. Finding the best team to deliver against a value creation plan is always challenging for PE firms.
We assist GPs with mission critical projects in the post-close process, working on key Finance projects, covering data analytics, custom-tool development (internal financial models, pricing tools, scheduling tools, etc.), and automation of repetitive tasks.
We create processes, systems and tools that can be used by the Finance team on an ongoing basis, or that can be updated continuously by our consultants, depending on the client’s preference.
- Implementation of BI Systems (Back-end and Front-end)
- Dashboard Setup and Automation
- Financial & Operational KPI Reporting
- Client Segmentation & Lifetime Value Analysis
- Client/Location/Product Profitability
- Planning Systems Implementation
- Budgeting & Forecasting Process Improvement
- FP&A Best Practices Implementation
- Stakeholder Reporting
- Automating Repetitive Finance Tasks
- Web scraping & Automated Form Filling
- Margin Expansion Initiatives
- Structural EBITDA Enhancement
- Working Capital Efficiency