Stress Testing Modelling – Webinar for FEI Toronto Chapter
- April 7, 2020
- 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
The Stress Testing Modelling webinar, presented by Sapling Financial Consultants, covered best practices and requirements for using financial models to stress test a business’s financial situation in light of the COVID-19 crisis. It examined how to model out a “stressed” scenario, how to limit the damage through mitigating measures, and how to determine cash requirements and lender supports to make it through this difficult period. Q&As with several leading experts offering different perspectives, from private equity, consulting, construction, law, and banking rounded out the prepared materials.
- a discussion of legal remedies and negotiating and communicating with lenders/investors
- a discussion with a PE firm and a midmarket CFO about what they are doing, what they are finding, and best practices
- a discussion with a lender that will paint a picture of what companies that successfully negotiate bank supports are doing
This webinar provided great insight into how various industries are adjusting and preparing themselves for a future where the COVID-19 crisis drags on. A robust model template was also presented and then distributed for free to all participants.
- Rob Hong, CFA MFin, Sapling Financial Consultants Inc.
- Jeff Dennis, Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Fasken Martineau
- Brendan Howard, Partner & Operating Executive, CIEL Capital
- Asher Roffel, VP Finance, Toronto Zenith
- Mike Hayes, Managing Director Corporate Finance, BMO