Advanced Excel Tools for Finance Leaders Webinar
- March 23, 2021
- 11:40 am
On March 23, Rob Hong and Rohit Nerurkar presented an overview of the advanced features of Excel and how these features can increase the sophistication of Excel usage to get work done better and faster. Having a strong working knowledge of Excel is essential for every business professional who works with data. While newer emerging technologies focused on Data Analytics & AI are useful, Excel continues to be the most widely used application for quick and structured data analysis, particularly in the Finance function (financial forecasting, trend analysis, budgeting, MIS reporting, presentation dashboards).
Although CFOs and other Senior Finance Leaders are well-versed with basic Excel, the knowledge of advanced formulae and time-saving-techniques can help effectively streamline painstaking tasks and turn raw data into presentable insights. This will ultimately boost efficiency and the quality of analysis, enabling more informed decision-making.
Here’s what you can learn:
• How to save time with keyboard hotkeys and shortcuts
• What are some of the most common mathematical and logical functions
• How and when to use advanced lookups and conditional functions
• How to slice and dice data with PIVOTs
• How to perform data sorting, data analysis, and data validation
• How to audit complex formulas using Formulas features and Add-ins
• Overall best practices in Excel modelling
- Rob Hong, CEO & Co-Founder, Sapling Financial Consultants Inc.
- Rohit Nerurkar, Consultant, Sapling Financial Consultants Inc.